Wednesday, February 03, 2010

SM Application Update!

Hello my people! (can I call you my people? Done.)

I thank you all SO much for your prayers and thoughts last week as I was wrestling with decisions! I feel the responsibility to give you all an quick update in exchange for your help. Thanks for your encouraging responses to my last email! I took a lot of your advice, evaluating each call based on pros and cons, choosing a challenge, and, of course, praying a lot.

Really, I don't know anything. I won't know anything for a while. No worries though, because that's how it works. 

I submitted my application with my top dozen choices (prioritized, of course: #1 high school dean in Norway; #2 first/second grade teacher in Kosrae, Micronesia; #3 high school science teacher in Majuro, Marshall Islands). On Monday, I received word that my application was approved!!! ...by the North American Division. Next it will go to the General Conference to be voted upon, then to another division, then to some committee, then to another committee...really, I don't get it. I just know there's lots of voting and I get to wait for a month or so. But it's all out of my hands now (was it ever really in my hands? :D ); relief.

Anywho, that's the latest. 


From the ebullient (thank you GRE prep vocab) Jess. :D

No comments: