Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Drop by Drop

I changed the lab format for this semester. Previously. students received a lab handout with instructions and fill in the blank result sections such as "Mass: ________g". This semester, I decided to give them practice for future lab reports. Their lab handout has a checklist of results that must be included in their report, as well as a "Reflections" section that asks questions about the results to get them thinking. I'm praying the thinking part works...

Monday's lab, examining surface tension and the role of surfactants, was my first trial of the new format.  I'm grading the papers now; so far so good. The final question in the Reflections section is: "How do you see God at work, or evidence of a Divine Creator, in this lab?"

This answer from Inah, the sweetest and most beautiful girl I might ever meet, made my day:

"The experiment was like God's blessings. The water droplets are like the blessings God gives us even though we don't always notice them. We should be thankful because when we follow Him, they overflow."


 Inah received an A+.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...You have Ellen White in your class!

Chloe Murnighan said...

That's pretty awesome Jessica. VERY awesome...