Thursday, March 03, 2011

Forever Powerful

I just had another how-GREAT-is-our-God-and-vastly-unfathomable-is-His-love moment (thanks to a package of love from Mom).


I think I understand why I don't have these moments all the time . . .
When I do, I am utterly overwhelmed and consumed; unable to stand; powerless; weak in the knees; dumbfounded; awestruck.
I don't think that we are humanly able to withstand the power of God except in brief, nearly infrequent glimpses.






What can I say but WOW.
What can occupy my thoughts but His unfailing, undying, unending, unyielding, unfading Love?
What can I do but bow to the greatest, most infinitely loving, utterly omnipotent Creator of the Universe?

Nought.



"I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever.
I will praise you forever for what you have done;
in your name I will hope, for your name is good.
I will praise you in the presence of your saints."          [Ps. 52:8b, 9]
"Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea and all that is in them, singing:
'To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb
be praise and honor and glory and power,
for ever and ever!'"      [Rev 5:13]



Happily ever after.

No comments: