Thursday, August 19, 2010

Jog Blog

I went running today. Boy, do I hate running. Runner's high? Never experienced it. Nausea and wheezing and general sense of doom? Every time. Running at Nairobi's 5500 ft elevation compounds matters, too. If I hadn't the obligation to keep up with my running partners, I would have likely turned back before the first hill. I loved the easy downhill stretches and grunted through the forever-long uphill portions – 85º grade, I'm sure. I encountered feelings I was expecting (exhaustion and frustration and accomplishment) as well as those I wasn't (not sweaty; odd).

I suppose I started a similar run exactly one week ago. Warm-ups and training are over; it's time for the real-deal.

Hebrews 12:1,2a :: Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us run the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith.

No comments: