Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Dear Wednesday

 Wednesday. 9:50 p.m. Science Building Office.
Dear Wednesday,

Please end. I realize that technically I haven't worked more than twelve hours today, but I'm ready to see my apartment again. My clothes are still strewn across the floor from my hurried wardrobe change in the 5 minutes between lab and PE. I still have my whistle around my neck, though PE ended 4.5 hours ago.

I entered into your Wednesdayness hopeful and excited about a lab activity that was easy, yet intellectually helpful; but you have sucked out the hopefulness and injected a sick sense of awe at how far from correct students can be. Wednesday, do you have a heart? Do you have a soul? No. I think not.

My battle is not against flesh and blood. Nor is it against Wednesdays. Oh Great Teacher, thank you for giving me days to make Sabbath an even greater blessing.

-jms

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Injections of hope. That's what I admire about you, Jess. You infuse a dose of optimism in everything you do. Everyone should be required to get a seasonal hope shot.