Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Journal Entry

There's a reason that Satan is Jesus' archnemesis.
He's the closest thing to a worthy opponent.

My life in a nutshell:
Satan attacks!
Jessica's discouraged.
Jesus launches a counter-attack!
Jessica's floating on cloud nine!
Satan attacks!
Jessica = boo.
Jesus' counterattack!
Jessica = all is well with the world.

As soon as I feel my feet are under me, they're swept out from under me and the wind's knocked out as I hit the floor.

Hmm... kind of like a tagteam boxing match. I'm spiritually recharged! I head out into the ring with Stan, arms flailing wildly... Satan smirks as he flattens me with one jab. Jesus picks me up, dusts me off... same thing, over and over. Finally, I tag Jesus in and Satan is retreating. I'm rejuvenated: "Let me in! Let me in!"
I'm up! I'm down. I'm up! I'm down.

When my world is shaking, heaven stands.
When my heart is breaking, I never leave Your hands.

Jessica, do you love Me?
Lord! You know I love You!
Feed my lambs.
Take care of my sheep.
Feed my sheep. (Jn 21:15)

Consider it pure joy whenever you face trials of many kinds. (James 1:2)

You, oh Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light. (Ps. 18:28)

Come, Lord Jesus.

No comments: