Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mom Rocks My Socks

I just finished hanging my laundry. My once-white socks patterned with black notes and Music are paired and hanging from one clothes "peg". My music socks were a gift from my mom.

Look! New music socks! (March 2010)
I'd never have thought to get myself music socks. No one can see socks anyway, right? But it's ridiculous how much I like to wear them. I save them for special days. I like how they feel. I like that I feel like a musician when I wear them. I really like that they remind me of Mom.

She's got a knack for giving little gifts that mean a lot. A small cow bell, SmartWools, mini mechanical pencils, colored staples... I love that not many of you would be as excited as I am about these trinkets; it proves that they were an individual, special gifts. What makes these gifts the best is the idea that I'd never ask for them because I never knew I needed or wanted them. But now that they're mine, they're things I wouldn't want to live without.


If you...know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask Him! [Matthew 7:11]

Imagine having God draw your name for the Christmas gift exchange...
But wait: He already did! 

1 comment:

Lisa Mae said...

I know exactly how it feels to be excited over little things. I do it all the time. Most people don't get it. Yay for moms! They are the best :)